If you’ve come to read this post then, no wonder your Instagram account has been disabled, and you’re now scouring the whole web for a full-fledged guidance on ‘How to Recover a Disabled Instagram Account.’
Well in that case, you’ve luckily landed on the right page. Now, you don’t have to keep looking around because we bet you’ll get answers to all your queries regarding ‘Disabled Instagram Account’ and ‘Disabled Instagram Account Recovery Process,’ here in one place.
So, without wasting time in explaining ‘how popular is Instagram as a Social Media Platform’ because hardly there’s anyone from its 1 billion+ active users who aren’t aware about it; let’s just straightaway come to the point!
About Self-Disabled Instagram Account
All those who use Instagram, know that the platform offers two options and that is either to temporarily disable an account or to delete it.
In regard to this, it is worth mentioning that while you can anytime reactivate an Instagram account that’s been temporarily disabled; the same is not the case with accounts that get deleted.
Wondering why? Well the reason is simple that the ‘deletion of an account’ is a permanent action and once taken, it cannot be revered.
|[Note: Before your account gets permanently deleted, you’ve some time to recover it back through various ways. To know about the same, you can either go to the Instagram Help Center or you can read our previous post on ‘How to Recover a Deleted Instagram Account’ for more detail.]|
Thus, you should be very sure of your actions. For instance, if you just want to take a break from Instagram and plan on returning after some time then, you only need to disable your account instead of deleting it altogether.
So, if you yourself have disabled your Instagram account then, thankfully, it is as easy to reactivate your account when you’re ready to come back to the Instagram platform as it is to temporarily deactivate it.
|[Note: Deactivating or disabling an Instagram account can be possible only via your ‘mobile or computer’ browser and not via the official Instagram app.]|
How to Reactivate an Instagram Account If Self-Disabled?
Like we’ve mentioned, reactivating a self-disabled Instagram account is one of the simplest things to do. You just need to login back to your account via following the below-listed steps, and you’re done with reactivating your disabled Instagram account.
However, before you begin the reactivation process; it is worth noting that Instagram suggests those who have deactivated their account to wait for at least 24 hours to reactivate it after disabling it. This is because – the deactivation process of an Instagram account roughly takes a day to complete.
So, bearing this in mind, those users can execute the below login steps whose account has been disabled for more than one day. Rest need to wait for a day to pass and then only, they can reactivate their respective disabled Instagram account!
- Step 1: On your iPhone or Android device’s home screen, first locate the Instagram app icon and then, tap on the same to launch it.
- Step 2: In doing so, the Instagram login screen will open up in front of you and ask you to enter the login credentials of an account. So, simply you’ve to enter the ‘Username and Password’ of the account you wish to reactivate.
- Step 3: After that, you just need to tap on the ‘Login’ button and as you do so you’ll be redirected to your feed and this means, your account will have been restored to normal.
Now that you’ve learned how using a few simple steps, you can reactivate your self-disabled Instagram account in not more than a few seconds; time has come to tell you that – it is not just you, who holds the right to disable your account! Instagram can do that too.
About Instagram Disabled Account
Lately, it has been noticed that Instagram is disabling many individual and community accounts which are also called hubs, for apparently no specific reason.
Though, causes remain really unclear among all of us but, as we are somehow aware that like Facebook has been fighting for few years now against bots producing fake likes, so due to the effects of the fuss of fake news and ghosts followers on social media platforms; Instagram is doing that too.
In fact, they have published several articles regarding the same subject. Not only that, they also have announced these – various measures on authenticity in last summer on their official Instagram page.
As a result, many users have actually reported being concerned about the same when they have noticed that their account gets disabled by Instagram. It is also worth mentioning in this regard that those users, whose Instagram account gets disabled, have actually violated Instagram’s terms & conditions. But, unfortunately, there are also those whose Instagram account gets mistakenly disabled.
So, whether you too are a victim of the same or not is what you have to find first and to help you in the same; underneath we’ve mentioned some of the signs—
How to Identify a Disabled Instagram Account?
In case your Instagram account, whether it is a Business account or Personal one, gets disabled, you’ll receive this error message from Instagram: “Your account has been disabled for violating our terms. Learn how you may be able to restore your account” when you enter your login credentials to log in to your account.
|[Note: In order to know more about it, you can click on the ‘Learn More’ option located in the bottom of the error message pop-up box.]|
However, those who don’t get this notification pop up from Instagram; can find out whether your Instagram account has been disabled or not via other scenarios like—
- You’re Unable to Log in to Your Account
- Your Account has Disappeared/ You’re Unable to Search your Account
- Your Friends/Followers Can’t Find Your Instagram Account with your Username Search
- Your Instagram Account has No Posts Yet
- Your Friends/Followers Not Able to Send You a DM, or
- Others Unable to Send You Follow Requests, etc.
Why Did Instagram Disabled My Account?
So, let us straightaway tell you that, Instagram in most cases does not explain the reason in detail why an Instagram account gets disabled.
Instead, if someone’s Instagram account gets disabled by Instagram, it will only say: “Your Instagram account has been disabled for violating Instagram Legal T&Cs: http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/.”
In short, you won’t get any information regarding which terms & conditions you’ve violated, and you’re just left wondering why you’re locked out of your Instagram account!
However, not anymore! If you’re curious to know why Instagram has disabled your account then, for you, we’ve reviewed the Instagram Community Guidelines/Terms and Conditions thoroughly. This is simply to give you enough idea of ‘what did you do wrong’ due to which Instagram disabled your account from the platform. So, let’s just go through them once—
- Use of Third-Party App: There are only a few approved partner apps of Instagram and the rest are against the T&Cs of IG. So, if you’ve linked your IG account to an unapproved app for motives like to check who unfollows you and to schedule posts then, there are high chances of your Instagram account getting disabled.
- Posting/ Uploading Nudity, Controversial or Inappropriate Content: No matter whether intentionally or unintentionally, if you post any sensitive content that includes hate speech, violence, racism, nudity, along with profanity and exploiting minors then, chances are that, it can cause red flags leading Instagram to disable your account.
- Copyright Infringement: Like other platforms, Instagram also runs on strict policy for copyright infringement. So, without permission, if you post any such content that you don’t own then, you’re giving Instagram a reason to disable your account.
- Fake Identity and Being Reported by Other Instagram Users: On Instagram you’ve to show your real identity. So, if you’re pretending to be someone else or in simple words, if you’re faking your identity then also your account gets disabled. However, it can happen generally when someone lodges a report against you.
- Mistakenly: As Instagram changes its algorithm frequently so, during when an algorithm changes, it happens due to some minor glitches and bugs that your account gets disabled just by a mistake.
What Actions to be Taken If Your ‘Personal or Business’ Instagram Account Disabled?
Typically, as stated above, when your account has been disabled by Instagram, you will receive a notification via a pop-up in the Instagram app. So, the very moment you get this notification, your work begins.
Well because that notification informs you that your account has been disabled, and you will now have 30 days to recover it and, if during this time, your account remains inactive then, consider it permanently deleted.
Therefore, you have to act quickly! For instance, you can start trying with these tips —
Tips to Recover Your Disabled Instagram Account
- Tip 1: Try to keep your device (mobile or computer) and email address using which you’ve created your Instagram account, updated as it’s the main way that Instagram will use to contact you.
- Tip 2: Make sure you link both your Instagram and Facebook accounts to each other in order to allow Instagram to use your Facebook account in the recovery process.
- Tip 3: If due to any reason, you have been away from your Instagram account at length then, be sure to agree to the new terms and conditions of Instagram imposed during that period.
- Tip 4: If the Instagram application offers you this “update your password” option then, you should definitely try it out, as in some cases, it has worked in restoring disabled Instagram accounts.
Although these tips have worked quite well for some Instagrammer community groups available and also for some individual accounts, we cannot guarantee whether they will work in your case or not!
In the latter case, you can move on to try your hands on the below-listed method of recovering an Instagram disabled account.
|[Note: Depending on whether your personal Instagram has been disabled or your business Instagram account, you need to follow the instructions accordingly.]|
How to Get a Personal Instagram Account Back after Being Disabled?
To save your years of messages, pictures and videos available in your IG account, you can try retrieving it via either of the given two methods—
Method 1: Make an Appeal on the Instagram Mobile App
- Step 1: Launch the ‘Instagram app’ on your respective mobile device to access the Instagram login screen.
- Step 2: There, you need to enter your ‘Username and Password’ to log in to your Instagram account. As you do so, the Instagram app will display —‘Your Account Has Been Disabled’ pop-up error message on the app screen.
- Step 3: Now, when this error message appears in front of you, you simply have to tap on the ‘Learn More’ option which is located in that message pop-up only.
- Step 4: As you do so, you’ll get either from the following two options;
- The ‘Appeal’ option or
- The ‘Request Review’ option.
- Step 5: However, irrespective of which option you’ll get, you just need to select the option as soon as it appears on the screen.
- Step 6: Upon doing so, you simply need to follow the on-screen instructions in the right order. And, if you follow the instructions correctly, you will be able to submit your details for making an appeal on the mobile Instagram app for recovering your disabled “Personal” Instagram account.
Method 2: Submit the Official Appeal Form
- Step 1: To recover your personal disabled Instagram account, click on this link and head towards the Instagram Help Center page.
- Step 2: On reaching the Instagram Help Center page, what first you’ve to do is locate the ‘Deactivated Account’ option and once you’re able to do so, just tap on the same.
- Step 3: Upon doing so, you’ll see an ‘Appeal Form’ in front of you. In that Appeal form, you need to fill in all the required information which you’re asked to provide.
- Step 4: Once you’re done entering your details in all the required fields, move ahead and select Yes or No whether you’ve a valid Government-issued Photo ID such as;
- Pan card,
- Driving license, and so on.
- Step 5: In case you select ‘Yes’ then, make sure you add your Government-issued Photo ID in your form.
|[Note: You need not have to compulsorily send your Government-issued ID. But, sending one of your Government issued ID to Instagram increases the chances of recovering back your disabled Instagram account.]|
- Step 6: Now, you’ve completed the form with all the required information including your details and documents so, you can just tap on the ‘Send’ button to submit the same to Instagram.
After your form gets submitted, you’ll have to wait for some time. Well because it has been noticed that Instagram takes around 1 to 2 days to respond back to an appeal | request.
So, don’t be impatient to get a response from Instagram on your submitted appeal form until and unless the given time exceeds!
How to Get a Business Instagram Account Back after Being Disabled?
If your Business Instagram account got disabled then also no worries because recovering a Business Instagram account is as easy as following these simple steps correctly—
- Step 1: Open the web browser of your choice on your respective mobile device.
- Step 2: Then, with the help of the same, go to the Instagram Help Center.
- Step 3: There on the Instagram help center page, what you’ve to do is locate the ‘Business Deactivated Account’ option and tap on the same.
- Step 4: As you do so, you’ll be redirected onto a new page and there, you’ll see a form which needs to be filled by you. So, to begin, you simply need to select any valid proof of your Business Ownership.
- Step 5: After providing a valid proof of your Business ownership what next you’re asked to attach with the form is your Government issued Photo ID. It can either be your Passport, Aadhar Card, Pan Card or Driving License, etc.
- Step 6: After you’ve done that, you need to move ahead and fill in the following personal details of yours;
- Your Full Name
- Your Instagram Username
- Your Email Address
- Your Mobile Number
- Step 7: In addition to providing your personal details, you also need to explain the reason for this question— ‘Please Tell Why You’re Appealing the Decision to Permanently Disable This Instagram Account’— which is given in the form.
- Step 8: Now, only when you’re done with the form completion and uploading all the required documents, you’ve to tap on the ‘Send’ button to submit your appeal for the sole motive of recovering your disabled “Business” Instagram account.
After doing so, hopefully within 24 to 48 hours, you can hear back from Instagram regarding whether they’ve agreed to your appeal/request of re-activating your disabled ‘Personal or Business’ Instagram account or not!
A: The reason why Instagram has disabled your account might be that you have violated the privacy policies of Instagram. For instance, it can be either sharing some hate speech, an obscene post or a violence triggered post.
A: If you’ve not violated any Policy of Instagram then, let us tell you that policy violations are not only applied to Instagram platform but also to Third-party apps. So, in case if you have given access to any third-party app to your Instagram and violated its policy then, chances are your Instagram will get disabled.
A: While submitting the Instagram Contact form if you’re getting an error of URL not found then, there is a high probability that your account got Permanently Deleted by Instagram and now, there are no ways to restore it. But yes, you can contact the Instagram team to appeal for the decision if you believe you’re not at fault.
This is all about how to recover disabled Instagram account. Now with the help of this guide, you will not face any problem in recovering your ‘Personal or Business’ Instagram account—no matter whether it has been disabled by you or by Instagram itself.