Nowadays, people all over the world are highly concerned about their appearances and thus, it hurts to know that about 10,000 people turn to Google /Reddit every month to ask questions like “Am I ugly?” or “How pretty am I scientifically?”
To answer these questions, there are many websites out there. They claim to analyze a person’s beauty and ugliness with a digital scale or, simply put, they differentiate between the good and bad appearance of a man and a woman with a calculator.
Out of them, one is Pretty Scale.com. So are you one of those people who want to know how beautiful you are?
If yes, then you must read this complete post as it will do an in-depth analysis of the PrettyScale website, and will provide you all the necessary information including the advantages and disadvantages of using this website, is it true or not and how beneficial it is in the modern world!
The only reason we decided to provide all the information about it here is because one should know everything about websites like Pretty Scale before using it!
Having said that, let’s get into the details without wasting any further second—
- What Is Pretty Scale?
- General Information about PrettyScale.Com
- Pretty Scale Specifications
- What Led to the Development of Websites like PrettyScale?
- Is Pretty Scale Results Accurate? Here’s the Truth about the Pretty Scale Beauty Test’s Result System!
- Pretty Scale Positive and Negative Aspects
- Procedure of Using: What are the Important Steps to Follow for Using the PrettyScale Website?
- Pretty Scale App
- Pretty Scale App for Windows 7/8/10 PC
- How to Download the Pretty Scale App?
- How to Contact the Website to Get Support?
- Review: What Do Most People Think of Prettyscale.com?
- Is Pretty Scale Legit or Not?
- What are Pretty Scale Alternatives & Competitors?
- FAQs regarding PrettyScale
What Is Pretty Scale?
Offering a range of measuring scales to evaluate your beauty, Pretty Scale.com is well known as a beauty calculator site. To be specific, PrettyScale is a website that provides a computerized beauty scale that you can use to gauge (measure) your own attractiveness.
Moreover, according to the information provided on the website, its computer system has a beauty calculator that measures how beautiful or ugly your face and body are!
As just said, on this site, you can choose between two types of assessments—a face test and a body test. However, in order to evaluate all parts of your face and body, you will need to take both a face test and a body test. They are used to measure all aspects of your face and body.
You can start the prettyscale.com body test at this link—https://www.prettyscale.com/body/
Once you upload a photo and go through a few measurements, PrettyScale gives you a number from 1 to 100 — from ugly to pretty and also leaves you with a list that explains thoroughly what’s wrong with your face!
General Information about PrettyScale.Com
Pretty Scale was created in Pakistan by a programmer called Aqeel and was launched in the year 2011.
It is designed in such a way that it analyzes people’s photos and assigns them a number from one to 100 to rate them from ugly to beautiful.
Not only does it label you as ugly or beautiful, it also breaks down your facial features, from your face shape to your facial symmetry, to explain how you are lacking to be beautiful or if you are, in what way!
Getting back to the point, in the early days, PrettyScale started out as a simple site for “Pranking coworkers,” but it quickly boomed in popularity.
Now, to your surprise, it gets 20,000 to 40,000 hits a month, despite the fact that a body image charity has slammed it as a “dangerous site.”
Pretty Scale Specifications
- Site type – Online Beauty Calculator
- Country of origin – United States of America
- Embedded System – Nil | free test price
- Measuring Criteria –The results are presented in the form of percentage
- Status – Available
What Led to the Development of Websites like PrettyScale?
To those who’re wondering why such websites like Prettyscale are offered in the first place for users to rate their attractiveness? Well, because you probably don’t believe your mother when she tells you how beautiful you are, but you would believe a website or a phone app that tells you so!
Also, these types of websites came into existence in modern times as a direct result of the increasing preoccupation with the outward presence of people around the world.
To know in more detail about the same, a well-known website itself spoke to the creator of the Pretty Scale “facial beauty analysis test” site about why they felt the need of the site.
To this Akeel, the creator of the PrettyScale site said the idea was that there are people who believe in astrology and palmistry and other things because they always want to know about themselves from others. So, why not try my website too to know about your facial features! Although it started out as a prank website, when some coworkers took it seriously, he redesigned it more seriously and even added things like the golden ratio.
Note: The Prettyscale’s criterion for judging the magic behind ratings of a person’s attractiveness and facial features—is based on a mathematical equation known as the “Golden ratio” that defines perfect proportions in faces.
Is Pretty Scale Results Accurate? Here’s the Truth about the Pretty Scale Beauty Test’s Result System!
No, the Pretty Scale results are not accurate. If you wonder why then, here are the reasons—
- Not Enough Measurements: PrettyScale asks you to mark points on your face to take measurements. However, this makes you think that they know what they are doing, but the truth is different. PrettyScale measures 3 things about your face i.e. your nose, eyes and mouth and this is enough proof that it is not capturing you in any detail.
You’ll need far more measurements than this to do what they claim. For example, if your teeth are clean or rotten, if your eyes are covered with abscesses, if you have bird feathers in place of skin, the Prettyscale doesn’t care about those things that are left out by it.
- Assumes Symmetry to Be Everything: PrettyScale believes that symmetry is what determines who is ugly or beautiful but, the truth is that it is not so! There are many models, actors and actresses who will fail miserably in this symmetry measurement beauty test. Nonetheless, they are still popular and considered as one of the most physically attractive people out there.
- It Uses Pictures: The last and final reason why PrettyScale isn’t accurate is that it uses pictures, and a photo isn’t exactly what you would look like in real life because photos don’t look like real life.
To this, what the creator of PrettyScale added is that the ‘beauty’ ranking is based on a number of factors. For instance, it compares the proportions of facial features such as whether the nose is too big for the lips, etc. It also checks the symmetry of facial features.
But, don’t you wonder how it decides which ratios are good or bad? Well, this data is based on the average proportion of people considered beautiful in the media, which although different from men and women, but not for different races.
In this regard, it would not be wrong to say that the algorithm for measuring beauty has been changed several times to fit all ethnicities, but unfortunately, the creators of PrettyScale cannot claim that it is suitable for all ethnic backgrounds. There are problems with some races that have big noses or a wide space between the eyes.
Furthermore, the app also ignores all those colors and things and focuses only on facial features and proportions.
So, all this discussion comes down to the main point that the beauty test results of Pretty Scale may not be completely accurate and thus, one should not completely believe how this platform judges one’s beauty.
Pretty Scale Positive and Negative Aspects
Since Prettyscale has both positive and negative aspects, let’s first talk about the positive ones—
- This United States based website is free to use.
- It is a mature website as it was launched nine years ago.
- For those who are unable to measure beauty, this website may be helpful.
- It can measure your beauty by a scale on the device.
- Some people with complexes will benefit from this, as it boosts their self-esteem.
- Photos that are shared or uploaded on this platform are not misused.
- Last but not least, you can fill out a form to contact PrettyScale customer support for any questions/queries you may have.
Now that we’ve just discussed the positive side; it’s time to look at the negative aspect of this platform—
- The Pretty Scale website has a small interface.
- The owner(s) of this website are not well-known.
- The website has very few reviews, despite that it is quite mature.
- Most importantly, unexpected results in a beauty test can lead to a lack of confidence in people who already have low self-esteem.
Tip: People with low self-esteem are advised not to take the test, as they may be surprised by the outcome of the test result.
Procedure of Using: What are the Important Steps to Follow for Using the PrettyScale Website?
After knowing everything if you decide to use this website then, let us tell you that Pretty Scale website can be used by anyone easily because the process to do so is as simple as following the steps given below—
- Step 1: You have to first click on the official link of Pretty Scale to open the main website in the browser of your choice.
- Step 2: Once you’re there on the PrettyScale.com website, you can do a face test or body test, depending on the type of analysis you want to do.
- Step 3: To do this, you need to select your ‘Gender’ and after specifying your gender, as indicated, you need to upload your photo.
- Step 4: Upon uploading your photo, make sure you read the instructions below your picture and align to the given measurement scale.
- Step 5: Now, once all the alignments have been completed, you will get the result of your beauty test.
- Step 6: At the end of the test result, you have to read your characteristics and your overall percentage as well. That’s it!
|App Name||Pretty Scale|
Pretty Scale is one of the well-known apps in the list of entertainment categories on Google Play Store. If you don’t believe us, let us show you the statistics. Currently, Pretty Scale app has got over 1,000,000+ app installations and 2.5 star— average user aggregate rating points.
So, if you haven’t installed Pretty Scale on your Android smartphone yet, but want to do it now, here’s the Google Play Store link. It is worth installing on your smartphone.
Pretty Scale App for Windows 7/8/10 PC
Most of the apps these days like PUBG, Subway Surfers, Snapseed Beauty Plus and Pretty Scale also are developed for mobile (Android and iOS) platforms only. However, thankfully there are Android emulators that allow you to use all these apps on PC as well.
So, if you are looking for a way to download Pretty Scale specifically for Windows 10/8/7 PC, in this regard, let us tell you that even though the official version of Pretty Scale for PC is not available – you still can use it with the help of an Android emulator.
That said, below we are going to introduce you to two popular Android emulators using which you can use Pretty Scale on Windows 7/8/10 PC. So, you must continue reading to know how you can download and install Pretty Scale—the one of the best entertainment apps on your PC.
How to Download the Pretty Scale App?
There are two best ways to download the Pretty Scale app on your respective Windows PC. Take a look at both the methods to decide which one is best for you to download and install Pretty Scale on your PC—
Method 1: Using Bluestacks Android Emulator
- Step 1: First of all you need to download Bluestacks software on your respective PC if you have not installed it before. So, click on this link to download Bluestacks for PC.
- Step 2: Once downloaded, note that the installation process is quite simple and straightforward. You can do this by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 3: After successful installation of Bluestacks emulator, you need to open it by right-clicking on the same and selecting the ‘Open’ option.
- Step 4: As you do so, the Bluestacks app may take some time to load initially. Once it gets opened, you should be able to see the Home screen of Bluestacks.
- Step 5: On the home screen, find Google Play Store (Since Play store comes pre-installed in Bluestacks) and double-click on its icon to open it.
- Step 6: Now, what you have to do is to find the app in the Play Store that you want to install on your PC. In this particular case, you simply need to search for Pretty Scale to install on your Windows 7/8/10 PC.
- Step 7: After you finish the search, click on the ‘Install’ button. Doing so will automatically install Pretty Scale on Bluestacks.
- Step 8: Now, you can find the PrettyScale app under the list of installed apps in Bluestacks and once you find it, just double-click on the app icon in Bluestacks and start using the PrettyScale app on your respective Windows laptop, the same way you would it on your Android or iOS smartphone.
Note: Bluestacks is one of the best and widely used emulators to run Android applications on Windows PC. However, you must have a minimum configuration PC to use it otherwise, you may face problems.
Method 2: Using MeMU Android Emulator
- Step 1: For this method, you need to download and install the MeMUplay emulator on your respective PC. To do so, simply open the official MeMU Play website and there, you need to locate this ‘download link’ and click on it.
- Step 2: Once the emulator is installed, right click on it to open the same on your PC.
- Step 3: Then, find the Google Play Store app icon on the home screen of Memu Play and when you’re able to find it, just double-tap to open it.
- Step 4: There, on Google Play Store, you can search for Pretty Scale app.
- Step 5: Once you find the official PrettyScale app from the Dinospot developer, make sure to click on its ‘Install’ button.
- Step 6: Upon successful installation, you can find the Pretty Scale app on the Home screen of MeMu Play emulator.
Note: MemuPlay is a simple and easy to use application. It is much lighter than Bluestacks. So, as compared to Bluestacks, it is designed for gaming purposes, where you can play high-end games like PUBG, Mini Militia, Temple Run etc.
How to Contact the Website to Get Support?
If you wish to get in touch with the customer support of this platform, you can contact them through the ‘Help’ option available on their website. So, in simple words, support can be requested through the Pretty Scale website by selecting the ‘Help’ option and filling up a form.
Review: What Do Most People Think of Prettyscale.com?
No matter what, before using any website, it is important to read the feedback of individuals who actually use the website to determine its effectiveness. With that in mind, we thought why not update you with PrettyScale site reviews!
So, after a thorough online search, we were able to locate some of the most important PrettyScale.com reviews. To begin, let us tell you that Prettyscale.com has a medium-low official rank of 38.6. This means that the site may be deemed suspicious, controversial or even flagged.
In addition, the general-public does not like the measuring scale that can be found on PrettyScale.com because the attractiveness or un-attractiveness of a person can be determined by taking into account a great deal of information.
Overall, given how ancient the website is, it’s been live on the Internet for quite some time – it’s surprising that the Pretty Scale website doesn’t have any sort of positive reviews on the entire Internet.
Based on such feedback, the PrettyScale creator also admitted that he himself had given warnings and information on the website itself that this is not a serious face analysis. This is done by a dumb computer program that can’t even see you. So, don’t take it seriously.
Given that there’s no reliable standard, if you’re concerned about your looks, ask the people who matter in your life and not from any such internet websites.
Is Pretty Scale Legit or Not?
Pretty Scales may be a kind of fun app for some people, but is it true? If you too, wonder the same, then it’s a No! You shouldn’t take PrettyScale’s beauty test results seriously because PrettyScale isn’t real and can’t tell you whether you’re ugly or beautiful.
What are Pretty Scale Alternatives & Competitors?
Listed below are the top-4 alternatives and competitors of PrettyScale.com in terms of content, traffic and structure—
|Symmeter.com||It is a system for symmetry analysis and measurement of facial features.||Entertainment/Beauty||10,402,498||7.2K|
|Anaface.com||It analyzes the beauty and attractiveness of the face by performing complex calculations on the lips, nose and face.||Fashion/Beauty||4,562,784||15.1K|
|Hotness.ai||It detects the attractiveness of your face, and its trained artificial intelligence technology will score your hotness on a scale of 1 to 10.||Fashion/Beauty||2,216,708||29K|
|Pinkmirror.com||It’s a little different because it’s an excellent photo retouching and a face analyzer for personalized skin care. With it, you can remove blemishes, plump up your face and look photogenic!||Fashion/ Marketing/Merchandising||317,430||166.2K|
You would definitely agree that looking beautiful in today’s time is completely unrealistic and puts way too much pressure on people to look a certain way.
Catching sight of ‘perfect’ bodies and faces all the time on TV, Newspaper, in magazines and online leaves many people unhappy with their looks because they think they can’t look the way they are!
On top of that, how awful it is to have a website that compares our looks, tells us we’re not pretty enough! This is really alarming for young people because more than half are already being bullied about the way they look.
But, because it is what it is! So, that’s all you need to know about the PrettyScale which is considered an adult website as it offers many different scales that can be used to assess the attractiveness of a person.
While the Pretty Scale website claims to be a beauty calculator, there is no guarantee that the parameters they use will accurately represent your beauty or ugliness, so it may only be used for fun!
We, too, recommend that you try it out and use it just for fun and not to judge yourself based on the results you get.
- Firstly, because it won’t be accurate.
- Secondly, because of the belief that inner beauty is still more important and better than outer image or beauty.
- Thirdly, because there is a famous saying that “we should all care a little less about how we look and more about our health and overall happiness” which we need to keep in mind to stay happy just the way we are!
FAQs Regarding Pretty Scale
Ans: The Pretty Scale measures facial beauty by studying and examining the placement and sizes of different facial features. Its test results are based on the shape of the face, the distance between the eyes and the lips, the shape of the mouth and the symmetry of the face. In fact, the golden ratio is also sometimes used in determining results—which may vary depending on how you place the lines and dots on your face depending on the instructions.
Ans: The registration date of the prettyscale.com domain is 17 March 2011.
Ans: If you wonder whether Pretty Scale is accurate or not then, the answer is simply ‘No.’ Prettyscale is not accurate because it uses pictures, and a picture isn’t the same as what you look like in real life, right! To illustrate, let us take an example, when you click a picture of yourself, you will realize that the cameras can make your forehead, nose and/or chin appear bigger than it actually is! Not only that, it can also make your face look extra short or tall, slim or fat.
Ans: Helen is considered the unity of beauty. This is a comic unit taken from the story of Helen of Troy |Helen of Sparta. She was the daughter of Zeus and Leda. Wonder why? Well because, in Greek myths—she was considered the most beautiful woman in the world who had a face that launched a thousand ships. This means that Helen is believed to be a face that can launch a thousand ships. However, since Helen is a very large unit, in practice a smaller unit, Micro Helen, is used! To make you understand this, let’s give you an example that if your face gets an 80% score on Prettyscale.com, it means 80 Micro Helen.
Ans: To find your beauty score, go to the prettyscale.com website where you can upload a photo of yourself and take a test. After that, the beauty test rates your face with a score between 1 and 10 on its attractiveness scale.
Ans: You can visit PrettyScale to check your facial beauty. It analyzes the geometric ratio of your facial features such as eyes, nose, lips and the distance between them. When the facial analysis is finished, you can check which features of your face determine your beauty score.
Ans: The good golden ratio for a divine face is 1:1.618. So, the closer a face is to the golden ratio, the more beautiful and precise it is! So, to be specific as per the Golden Ratio, the ideal result is around 1.6. This proportion of your face, Pretty Scale app allows you to test it with a highly accurate calculation and analysis algorithm.