Google considers hundreds of factors when determining a website’s search engine ranking.
A website’s domain authority has become increasingly important over the years.
Moz invented the domain authority metric. The higher your domain authority, the higher the chance you will achieve a higher search engine ranking and more and better online visitors.
Domain Authority is a grade or score that indicates how well a website will rank on Google and other search engines (score range from 0-to 100).
A website with a high DA score is more likely to appear higher in the SERPs
Your domain authority can also be used to assess your SEO efforts and evaluate the strength of your website compared to that of your competitors.
Here we are shedding light on the ways to increase your DA with 4 tactics.
How to Increase Your Domain Authority (DA) With These 4 Tactics:
Domain Authority (DA) is a scoring metric that determines how well a website will rank in the search engines.
It’s based on a scale of 1 to 100, with the closer you go to 100, the greater your chances of ranking in search engine result pages (SERPs), which means more traffic.
It’s essential to clarify that domain authority indicates success. It doesn’t promise you. Google does not use the metric therefore increasing your DA will not immediately improve your website’s ranking in Google search results.
In a nutshell, the domain authority score of your website will help determine your competition in your domain.
As a result, you’ll be able to choose keywords more strategically.
How to check the Domain Authority DA?
At first glance, domain authority may appear confusing. Fortunately, determining your own site’s DA score is simple.
Follow the following four steps:
- Use Moz’s free Link Explorer tool to examine your links.
- Type your URL into the search field in the top-right corner of the page.
- Create a free account with Moz. If you already have an account, then enter your password.
- Evaluate the results calculated by the Moz.
What does a High Domain Authority Score Indicate?
It’s easy to describe different results as “good” or “bad” as Domain Authority is measured on a 100-point scale.
However, achieving a perfect DA score is a near-impossible task that the largest and most popular websites have only accomplished.
Because of this, Moz called this metric comparative in nature. Even though a website’s DA score is low, it might still rank highly in search engine results.
Assume your site has a DA of 30. Although this score is low in contrast to the other websites on the internet, if it is higher than your opponents’, you will undoubtedly outrank them for relevant keywords in your field.
4 Tactics to Increase Your Website DA:
1. Implement SEO Techniques:
You’ll need to make sure that your technical SEO is in place if you want to build a strong foundation for your website and boost its domain authority.
You can make it easier for Google to examine and index your website by adequately applying technical SEO.
Aside from helping you organize your website’s structure, the plugin also pushes you to choose a core keyword for your articles and reveals whether or not that term is being used effectively on that page.
The following are some of the things you should concentrate on to improve your overall SEO:
- Including SEO-friendly URLs
- Adding a sitemap to your website
- Making your robots.txt file more efficient
- Streamlining navigation.
2. Get the Basic Right:
First and foremost, ensure that your website is appropriately set up.
It means optimizing your on-page content, ensuring that your site loads quickly, and creating a mobile-friendly site that is simple to use on a phone or tablet.
Check out a few tips that will help you get started:
- Internal links are essential because they help search engines like Google crawl and analyze content. Ensure that your anchor text corresponds to the website you’re connecting to.
- Check the mobile-friendliness of your website. Mobile-friendly sites provide better user experiences and boost the possibility of backlinks to your content.
- With PageSpeed Insights, you can make sure your website loads quickly. High bounce rates on slow sites are a notable red flag for Google and the other browsers.
3. Create a Network of High-Quality Backlinks:
High-quality backlinks are king when it comes to domain authority. Your score will be higher if you have more.
- Create Unique Content: Reputable websites will only link to your content if it is remarkable. So, start creating in-depth blogs, videos, and other incomparable content to what is already available online. It will undoubtedly be worthwhile.
- Promote Your Material: Good content isn’t enough on its own. Share it to your email list and social media connections to give it a lift. It can help you get more people to notice your work, which will increase your chances of getting backlinks.
- Create a Link-Building Plan: The ball will start rolling with high-quality material and a consistent promotion approach. However, it would be best to be more proactive in your link-building efforts.
Contact reputable websites and request that they refer to you. Keep in mind that there’s a correct and wrong ways to do it, so always try to choose the ethical and proper way to build links.
- Commit to Guest Blogging: Finally, guest blogging for credible websites might be a wise strategy to increase your backlinks. For one reason, you might be able to include a link to your website in your article.
Second, readers of your guest post may enjoy it, visit your website for related information, and then link to some of your postings.
4. Get Rid of Toxic and Harmful Links:
Once in a while, go through your link profile and look for any harmful backlinks. It will allow you to eliminate links from unreliable sources that may harm instead of increasing your domain authority.
It would help if you also took down any links on your website that lead to harmful sites or are broken, as these will negatively impact you.
Checking every link on your website might be a burden. To make things easier, use SEOPressor’s Link Manager, which allows you to manage your links in one location. You don’t have to go through each link one by one.
Instead, you can use Connection Manager to verify the status of your link, whether it’s broken or active.
There are several reasons why domain authority is crucial. It allows you to evaluate your website’s overall performance.
It also allows you to compare your score to other websites to see how you stack up.
You can identify additional sites worth connecting to in your content and industry authorities with whom you should build a relationship by determining the domain authority of other sites. DA also assists in bringing more traffic.